The Fox News Channel recently featured licensed contractor and TV host, Jason Cameron, as he shared Mosquito Squad’s smart tips for preventing mosquitoes in your backyard.
During the segment of Fox & Friends, Cameron helped viewers identify sources where water can accumulate in your backyard in order to eliminate mosquito breeding sources. He walked Saturday morning viewers through several common backyard scenarios to gain a better understanding of controlling the environment in order to deter mosquitoes using Mosquito Squad’s 7 T’s.
From standing water in a kiddie pool, toys in a sandbox, yard clippings and debris, gutters and even tarps and covers over outdoor items, Cameron showed how these areas can collect moisture and entice mosquitoes to breed.
- TIP: Tip over items in your yard to reduce standing water and help eliminate mosquito breeding areas. Such as sandboxes, toys, and wagons. Also, planting saucers and dog bowls. Other hot spots include gutter downspouts and flat roofs.
- TOSS: Remove excess grass, leaves, firewood and clippings from yard as these areas are ripe for mosquito breeding.
- TURN: Turn over large yard items that could hold water like children’s portable sandboxes or plastic toys.
- TARPS/REMOVE: If tarps stretched over firewood piles, boats, or sports equipment aren’t taut, they’re holding water. Remove them or keep them pulled tight. Unused tarps should be folded and stored under a roof or inside.
- TAKE CARE: Take care of home maintenance needs that can contribute to standing water. Areas where water pools, such as near faucets or water spouts, leaking irrigation systems, clogged gutters, all of these places offer a breeding haven for mosquitoes.
- TEAM UP: Despite taking all precautions in and around your own home, talking with neighbors is a key component to mosquito control. Townhomes and homes with little space between lots mean that mosquitoes can breed at a neighbor’s home, and affect your property. In addition, Mosquito Squad of Chester and Delaware Counties offers discounts for neighbors that team up in creating a mosquito-free atmosphere on their street or in their cul-de-sac.
- TREAT: Our barrier treatment program along with these common sense practices reduces mosquito breeding areas on your property and help eliminate mosquitoes. Our barrier treatment eliminates mosquitoes that are present on your property and prevents more from taking up residence for up to 21 days. By reducing the number of mosquitoes on your treated property, you can literally eliminate billions of mosquitoes this season — rain or shine!. Not only will eliminating these mosquitoes offer you the freedom and peace of mind to enjoy the outdoors, it will also reduce the number of mosquitoes in your yard that could potentially be carrying disease.
Mosquito Squad of Chester and Delaware Counties has the perfect solution for your mosquito control needs. Along with our traditional barrier treatment, we also offer essential oil-based mosquito control and convenient mosquito misting systems. Contact us today to learn more at (610) 674-0799, or via email at [email protected].